Orthodontic Services for Waukesha County Patients
Dr. Whalen provides orthodontic treatment to our regular patients, ranging from simple interceptive treatments all the way to a full set of traditional braces, allowing you to receive this specialty dental care from doctors who already know you and your teeth.
When a patient has all of their adult teeth, Dr. Whalen can provide a complimentary orthodontic consultation to determine if there are spacing or bite problems that should be addressed through orthodontic treatment.
Common orthodontic treatments offered at Dousman Family Dentistry:
- Braces to straighten teeth
- Spacers to create or maintain room for incoming teeth
- Palatal expanders to widen jaw arches while a patient is still growing.
- Appliances to manage jaw alignment and growth related to the teeth. 70% of orthodontic treatment in children corrects overbites/overjets due to an underdeveloped lower jaw.
- Removal of baby teeth and sometimes permanent teeth if necessary
- Appliances to break habits such as thumb sucking or tongue thrust that are contributing to bite problems
Orthodontist vs Dentist: What's the Difference?
While both orthodontists and dentists help patients improve oral health, dentistry is a broad specialty that deals with the teeth, gums, nerves, and jaw. Orthodontics is a specialty within dentistry with a focus on correcting alignment and bites and straightening teeth.