Orthodontic Services for Waukesha County Patients
Dr. Whalen provides orthodontic treatment to our regular patients, ranging from simple interceptive treatments all the way to a full set of traditional braces, allowing you to receive this specialty dental care from doctors who already know you and your teeth.
When a patient has all of their adult teeth, a complimentary orthodontic consultation can be done by Dr. Whalen to determine if there are spacing or bite problems that should be addressed through orthodontic treatment.
Common orthodontic treatments offered at Dousman Family Dentistry:
- Spacers to create or maintain room for incoming teeth
- Palatal expanders to widen jaw arches while a patient is still growing.
- Braces to straighten teeth
- Appliances to manage jaw alignment and growth related to the teeth. 70% of orthodontic treatment in children corrects overbites/overjets due to an underdeveloped lower jaw.
- Removal of baby teeth and sometimes permanent teeth if necessary
- Appliances to break habits such as thumb sucking or tongue thrust that are contributing to bite problems
Orthodontist vs Dentist: What's the Difference?
While both orthodontists and dentists help patients improve oral health, dentistry is a broad specialty that deals with the teeth, gums, nerves and jaw. Orthodontics is a specialty within dentistry with a focus on correcting alignment and bites and straightening teeth.