Porcelain Veneers Procedure in Waukesha County
- First, the dentist examines your teeth to make sure that you are a good candidate for veneers. X-rays and impressions of your teeth can be taken depending on the case and your dental records.
- A model of the veneer is made using CEREC® CAM/CAD technology.
- To put on the veneer, enamel is removed from the tooth's surface. Usually, only about 1/2 a millimeter is removed.
- When the veneer comes in from the lab, the dentist will try it out on your tooth to make sure it looks and feels natural.
- Cement is placed on the veneer, which is then attached to the tooth. A light beam that is applied to the veneer helps the cement dry quickly.
- Excess cement is removed and the dentist evaluates your bite to make sure that the tooth functions normally.
Benefits of Veneers
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- Gum tissue responds well to porcelain.
- Veneers are stain-resistant.
- They are a less invasive approach to changing the color and shape of a tooth.
- Veneers are great when you only want to cover the front surface of the tooth. However, crowns are better for all-around coverage.
How to Take Care of Veneers: 6 Tips
- Don’t chew on hard objects.
- Never use your teeth to open packaging.
- Try not to chew with your front teeth. Eat harder foods with your back teeth only.
- Cut up hard foods before you bite into them.
- If you grind or clench your teeth at night, get a splint or retainer to protect your veneers.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports.
Cost of Veneers in Waukesha County
Depending on the types of veneers you'd like to perfect your smile, the cost of veneers can range from $400 to $2,500. The two options we offer for veneers include composite veneers and porcelain veneers. Cost can be affected by material, location, number of veneers, and other treatments. The more expensive the material, the more durable the veneers will be. Getting one veneer will be more expensive than getting several since the cost for making single ones is higher. An affordable alternative is dental bonding for simpler chips and cracks.
- Composite Veneers will cost between $400 and $1,500
- Porcelain Veneers will cost between $925 and $2,500
Contact Dousman Family Dentistry for veneers that look and feel like real teeth - whether you live in Delafield, Dousman, Mukwonago, Hartland, or beyond.