Many patients will experience some type of restorative dentistry in their lifetimes, whether it’s a simple filling for a cavity, or something more serious, like damaged or missing teeth. It’s one of the main reasons a patient comes to the dentist, and we are happy to help bring your smile back to the beauty it was meant for.
As family dentists who work with patients of all ages – with many types of dental concerns – we are experienced and skilled in every kind of restorative treatment. Our main priority isn’t just to restore your mouth to the best possible health, but to also do it in a way that you are comfortable throughout the visit. Every patient is different, and we appreciate that, so we customize our treatment options to meet your specific needs. Our ultimate goal is for you to complete your treatment feeling satisfied with both your care and our attention, and in the final result – your smile!
Some of the common restorative procedures we offer include:
- Fillings: Dousman Family Dentistry offers both amalgam (metal) and tooth-colored fillings, providing you an option in both aesthetics and cost.
- Crowns and bridges: The ideal situation is to try and save natural teeth whenever possible. A crown, whether over a single tooth or anchored to other teeth with bridgework, is a strong and long-lasting solution to damaged or missing teeth.
- Root Canal Therapy: Sometimes the tooth's nerve is damaged causing extreme sensitivity or abscess. With root canal therapy, the nerve is removed thereby relieving pain and saving the tooth.
- Implants: Sometimes, the root of the tooth cannot be saved. In that case, we can work with you to place crowns over dental implants that take the place of the tooth root and anchor crowns and dentures. This comfortable solution feels just as natural as the original tooth and is the strongest, most durable option. Statistics show that over time, because of its longevity, it’s also the most cost-effective choice.
- Dentures: We fabricate and repair dentures onsite in our own laboratory, so you can have new dentures placed in fewer visits, saving you time and discomfort. Re-lines and repairs can also be done the same day in hours because it’s all done in-house, we have precise control over the color and fit for more comfortable and attractive results.
We’re dedicated to returning your teeth to their best form and function and we have many different options to make that happen. We’re happy to meet with you, share recommendations, and put together a treatment plan that’s customized to you.